Back-end DeveloperApply now
You’re looking to join an ambitious, fast-paced agency and share experience on all sorts of projects. You will be enthusiastic, focused and passionate about your craft and be willing to identify and embrace new emerging technologies. In a nutshell, you’ll love writing great code!
You will have strong and successful technical knowledge including modern programming skills, and ideally have 2+ years of experience as a back-end developer but this is not essential. Recently graduated? We'd still love to hear from you!
You will have a high level of communication skills and have a very keen attention to detail.
About the Role
A rare and fantastic career opportunity awaits - you will take a proactive role within the Digital Team helping to build great websites and apps for a diverse range of well-known brands.
You will take responsibility for projects and will work closely with the digital team and share your IT/digital skills.
Essentials and desirables we require for the role:
- Proven experience of performing all technical aspects of back-end web build
- Highly proficient in writing PHP and MySQL
- Proven experience of building responsive websites and a mobile first approach
- Experience of working with front end web developers
- In-depth knowledge of current coding techniques and best practices
- Excellent level of communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be comfortable and confident in client meetings
- A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a team
- Proactive and positive approach towards solving problems
- Experience of handling working to tight deadlines
- Computer science qualification (degree or equivalent)
- Good working knowledge of .NET (Visual Studio, C#) and Umbraco
- Good understanding of UX/UI designs and techniques
- Good working knowledge of app development for iOS and Android
- Knowledge of SEO, form tracking and split test approaches
- Experience of SVN and management of version control
In return, we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement starting with 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- A fun and rewarding place to work
- An environment where you can thrive and work with like-minded people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
Location : Preston, office based, however a hybrid working arrangement will be discussed after completing 3 months' employment
Employment Status : Full-time Permanent
Working Hours : Monday-Friday, 9.00am – 5.30pm (1 hour for lunch)
If you think you'd be perfect for this role, please apply using the form below. Not got all the 'Essentials'? We'd still love to hear from you.
Closing date for applications : 10th June 2022.
We do not accept emails or applications from recruitment companies.