Lead DeveloperApply now
You are looking to join an ambitious, fast-paced agency and share experience on all sorts of projects. You will be enthusiastic, focused, passionate about your craft and about writing great code!
You will have strong and successful technical knowledge including modern programming skills, and have 5 years of experience as a back-end developer.
You will have a high level of communications skills and have a very keen attention to detail.
About the role
A fantastic career opportunity awaits - you will take a leading role within the Digital Team creating and building great websites for a diverse range of well-known brands.
You will take responsibility for projects and be brilliant at nurturing talent and sharing your digital skills with other members of the team.
Here's what we need you to have and what we would like you to have:
Need you to have:
- Highly proficient in building websites using PHP, My SQL and jQuery
- Experience of developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Proven experience of building responsive websites and a mobile first approach
- Strong and successful technical experience and 5 years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of current coding techniques and best practices
- Proven experience of performing technical aspects of back-end web development, including setting up domains and databases
- Experience of server and domain configuration and settings, including DNS Plesk and htaccess
- Experience of working with front-end developers and designers
- Experience of working with SEO teams and producing sites to SEO best practice guidelines
- Desire and willingness to embrace new emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience in client meetings
- Flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a team
Like you to have:
- Educated to Degree standard (or equivalent)
- Experience of working to tight, and sometimes very fast, deadlines
- Experience of effective teamworking skills
- Team management experience as you will need to deputise for our Digital Director in their absence
- Ability to create iOS and Android apps
- Good level of technical and working knowledge of .NET framework
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary from £35-40k gross per annum depending on experience
- A generous holiday entitlement starting with 25 days per annum plus bank holidays
- A fun and rewarding place to work
- An environment where you can thrive and work with like-minded people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
Location - Preston Office
Hours of work - Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.30pm (1 hour for lunch), although a degree of flexibility is required during extremely busy periods.
If this role sounds right up your street, then we would love to hear from you. Apply using our form and upload your up-to-date CV.
Closing date : 31st January 2019.
We do not accept any unsolicited emails, calls or applications from recruitment companies.